All we have experienced days that things seems impossible and there is no way to fix them. But then I remind myself that just because things might be bad right now, doesn’t mean they will stay that way forever.
I am still learning how to turn it all around and start living the life of my dreams. In order to remind of my goals in everyday life and to help overcome any obstacles, I have collected my top 10 motivational & inspirational quotes.
1) “You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream.” / C.S. Lewis
Age is just a number and we are only as old as we feel. It certainly means that age has nothing to do with your dream. You can dream and make your dream come true any age, any time. It depends only on you not your age.
2) “Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.” /Lance Armstrong
Imagine, you have started a really important task and then you got scared of a possible failure. Then you quit. And then all what you have left is “if”. (If I had done it, If I have proceed etc.) The worst feeling ever. It’s always better to do and fail than to quit.
3) “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” / Oscar Wild
I guess the most difficult thing on the planet earth is to stay true to yourself. We are fulfilling so different roles in our life (I am daughter, mother,relative, student, employee, woman, wife etc) that sometimes we are trying to change ourselves to fit in those different roles.
4) “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” /Confucius
Often the results of our work can be seen only after some while. For instance, if you are trying to learn new language, the result will not be shown right now but after some period. The most important thing is to be patience and just keep going and sooner or later there will be results.
5) “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily.” / Zig Ziglar
That’s true that very often we must remind ourselves why we do what we do. And remember, you are not alone. All we lose faith sometimes in things we do. Just remind and motivate yourself again and again.
6) “Nothing is impossible; the word itself says “I’m possible”.” /Audrey Hepburn
No comments! The must read quote when you feel low!
7) “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” /Aesop
To be kind and humble sometimes takes an effort. When you are late in morning and are in rush, only one thing you want do in this situation – to take out your anger on you friend / husband / kid/ dog. But then remind yourself that no one ever hurt of little act of kindness. Just keep calm and be kind!
8) “Learning never exhausts the mind.” /Leonardo Da Vinci
Never stop learning and when you have learned something always remember that “The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” (Socrates)
9) “For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” / Ralph Waldo Emerson
Good reminder in everyday life.
10) “Do what you can with all what you have, wherever you are.” /Theodore Roosevelt
For me this quote means a lot. As I have moved to Greece, it was easy to find excuses of why I can not do what I want to. Don’t know Greek, don’t have babysitter for my kids, don’t have a time and the list goes on. But when you open your eyes and heart and start doing small things every day, you will be surprised of how much you can do.
And what is your favorite quote?
All pictures I have taken from Google images.